KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 17th NOV 2016
o 200 Club winners
o Dean Richards – places available
o U10’s success at Prima Cup
o Ladies Success!
• No senior men’s games last weekend as the first XV took a well earned rest. Our Ladies travelled to Longton for a league fixture on the Sunday and ran in ten tries in a 52-10 win. Star of the show was Harrie Clemens who helped herself to six tries and she now has nineteen for the season. Despite this big win the Ladies remain in second place in their league – having won more games than Dudley K, scored more points and conceded less! – work that one out.
• This weekend the first XV are at home to Hereford in, dare I say it, a must win league game. Hereford are lying in 7th spot in the league with four wins and a draw. They had a poor start but are now unbeaten in their last four games. The programme for the game will be up on the web site from tomorrow night. There will be a representative of Andrew Whiting at the club if you wish to consult him. If you are not at the match you can follow the game on Twitter. On Sunday the Ladies travel to Ashfield in a cup game. Ashfield play their rugby at one level above our Ladies but this has not stopped them winning in the past!
• Next week (26 Nov) the ones are away at Worcester Wanderers whilst the Ladies are putting out a Development Squad to play away at Old Northamptonians on the Sunday.
• Another of our Sponsors is The Almanack. They have kindly agreed to reward members of Kenilworth RFC with a discount on any wine purchased. Details of this offer are on our web site, www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk and all you have to do is show them your Membership card.
• The 200 Club Night last Friday was a big success and it is hoped to repeat it before Christmas. Winners of the two £500 prizes were Neil McComiskey and Sophie Freestone. Wayne Morgan and Bruce Doe took the £50 prizes and David Holt and Pat Byrne the £25 prizes.
• By demand we now have a variety of Gins (14 to be precise!) in the club bar, together with some fancy mixers and glasses. Why not try one on your next visit! Indeed on the 18th Nov we are holding a Gin Night!
• We now have the RFU Raffle tickets and these will soon be issued to all members. This is a superb source of income for the club and your participation in it would be most welcome.
• On 1st Dec we have a Sporting Dinner with Dean Richards and this is filling up fast. Full details are on the web site. There will be a raffle on the night and we are looking for prizes such as bottles of wine etc etc. Please leave these behind the bar for Roger Robert’s attention. Please note there are still places available for this event.
• The club Christmas Party is to be held on the 17th Dec and details of this are on the web site.
• Kenilworth RFC’s U10 squad have progressed to the finals of the Leicester Tigers Prima Cup with their quarter final and semi final wins at Welford Rd last weekend. Cheered on by our very vocal support (an 82 seater coach took teammates, parents and supporters to the game) no tries were conceded by our boys in games against Spalding in the QF (2 tries to nil) and in the SF we won 3 tries to nil against West Bridgford. The final is in March 2017 but as yet the opposition is not known.
• Grand stock clearance sale at cow patch shop this Sunday - children & adult skins, dress shirts with club badge, all only £5 (were £20!), everything must go!
• We want to recycle outgrown boots and shirts - please donate any old boots or shirts to the club at the shop.
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
26th Nov Cavaliers v Banbury, 2.15
1st Dec Dean Richards Sporting Dinner
4th Dec Ladies v Cov Welsh, 2pm
10th Dec Christmas Lunch (v Newport)
11th Dec Second XV Cup 1/4r final @ Leamington, 2.15
17th Dec Cavaliers v Stratford, 2.15
17th Dec Players Christmas Party
27th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School OB’s, 2pm
7th Jan v Sutton Coldfield, 2.15
8th Jan Ladies v Cannock, 2pm
21st Jan v Wolverhampton, 2.15 AJA LUNCH
27th Jan Burns Night