Help needed for the M&J Festival on 25/26 April
Charity game on 25th April.
England Rugby World Cup warm up tickets now available – deadline of 20th April
AGM is on 24th June
Wasps game on 9th May – limited tickets available and change to opening of bar before game.
• Our boys took a bit of a beating last week at Newport against a team who are/were clearly playing in another league and who is to say they will not run through Nat Mids 3 next season. For the record it was 83-0 and it has been a very long time sine we were 'nil pointed' – I will check! PAG's report, rather amusing in places, is on the web site. We have now dropped back to 9th in the league going into our last game. Good news from the other games played with our Colts defeating Barkers 24-20 and the very youthful Cavaliers winning away at Pinley 2's, 34-19. The Colts report is also on the web site.
• This weekend (18th) the ones are away at Silhillians who are in a big relegation dogfight with Earlsdon and Barkers and who need to win to confirm their M1w status for next season. Here's hoping our boys can finish the season in style (with no disrespect to Silhillians). A nice gesture from Silhillians – they have given an open invitation to all Kenilworth supporters to participate in a light buffet before the game. This will be a perfect opportunity to view their new premises. There is no need to book in. Hopefully I will get someone to tweet but failing that @SilsRugby are regular tweeters of their game.
• The Colts are having a week off and our Cavaliers are down to play at Silhillians. Our 3's are also away at Shottery.
• On Sunday 19th April the U13s are at home (on the main pitch) to a Newark touring team and the U14s are away to Leamington. The Girls are at Shipston and the U15s are training.
• Please also note our big Charity game on the 25th April with a KRFC XV taking on a Wooden Spoon XV. The kick off is planned for 3pm and full information is on the web site. Before this game the Colts are taking on Camp Hill Colts in a very important league game, kicking off at 1pm on the main pitch.
• England are playing France & Ireland in three World Cup warm up games, two at Twickenham and one in Paris. Applications for tickets are now being accepted and details are on the web site and posted around the club. Closing date for applications is 20th April.
• The Ian Robertson dinner on the 17th is now a sell out but Bruce is compiling a waiting list so contact Bruce and you will go on it.
• We will once again be running a coach to a Wasps game – Wasps v Leicester, 9th May - coach £5 per head – tickets adults £20, ages 10-21 £10, aged U10s free. There are only a few tickets left for this. The bus will leave the club at approximately 2pm. Paul has asked me to point out that due to the club dinner the night before the bar will not be open beforehand but will be after the return. Please note payment must be made to Paul the Steward in full by Friday 1st May at the very latest- no exceptions. Please also note the bus was completely sold out last time so you are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
• You will note that the WiFi at the club is now much improved and there are codes posted around the club.
• The Club Dinner has been set for 8th May and full details will shortly be available.
• The AGM for the whole club this season will be on Wednesday 24th June at 8pm.
• Please note that the first XV pitch will be having a lot of work done to it from the 27th April and will be out of action for at least 3 months. Wednesday night touch will therefore move to the Rocky Lane site.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
17th Apr Sporting Dinner – Ian Robertson
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
8th May CLUB DINNER
9th May Bus to Wasps v Leicester
10th May M&J Presentation Day
24th June AGM
• Alistair Kirkwood (former M&J coach and 3rd team player) is running the London Marathon. His aim is to raise a huge amount of money to support the work of the mental health charity Mind. They provide advice and support for people with mental health problems and campaign for better recognition and treatment of mental illness. "Those who have seen my speed (I use the term loosely of course), on a rugby field, will realise that this will not be such an easy event for me! So could you please support me by donating generously to support this forward thinking wonderful charity? All money raised, including gift aid, goes directly to the charity. Just click on the link below, and then click on the DONATE button in the middle right of the page:
• James Neal, a former KRFC M&J, now at Hartpury College has been selected for England U20's to tour Hungary and we congratulated him. Also in the squad is a certain Freddie Mills of Cov University and I do believe that this is the same Freddie Mills who is registered with us and played first XV last season. Congratulations to both. The link is at
• Our house in Carvoeiro on the Algarve has a few weeks available over the summer and if anyone fancies a week or two then contact me and we will do you a deal. Info is at
www.casacaracol.co.uk (but ignore the prices)