KRFC NEWS, 16th OCTOBER 2014
HALLOWEEN NIGHT ON 31ST OCT AT CLUB
AUTUMN INTERNATIONAL TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTION FROM 6.30 FRIDAY
LOTS OF NEW INFO & NEWS
• The ones keep on winning and had a superb 41-10 bonus point win over local rivals Barkers Butts last weekend. Like previous weeks we were still missing a few but the guys who played did us proud, particularly ex Colt hooker James Jackson who marked his debut with a try. We are still fourth in the league. The report is on the web site as are the piccies. If you were at the game you will have seen the worrying injury sustained by the Barkers front row and skipper Matt Wooldridge. The good news is that he went to hospital and was cleared of any serious injury.
• I have had a note from PAG Jones re the make up of last week's squad. He has noted that six out of the seven backs, and indeed twelve of the eighteen man squad, came through his Barbarians squad! He is taking bets that in the not too distant future he will have a 100% BaBa's squad in the first XV. Backs coach Marco Stanojevic also pointed out that the oldest back on show last week was 23!
• The Colts played on Sunday and had a really good 28-19 win over Banbury. The report on this game is also on the web site. The 3's had their first run out of the season and had a very good 36-5 win at Coventrians.
• On Saturday the first XV are back on the road, but not too far, at Berkswell & Balsall. B&B are currently lying in 12th spot with two wins and four losses. It is always a close and eventful game with them and Saturday will be no different. We will still be missing a few with Dale Glover, Ross Lowthian and Alex Selby all not available and skipper Jonny Cresswell not quite ready yet to start. There are a few returning though and it will mean a start for James Jackson and we wish him well. It will be beer/lunch in the Tipperary Inn and/or beers at the Case is Altered. See you there!
• If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby.
• It will be a busy day back at base with three games. The Colts are taking on Stafford in the 2nd round of the National Colts Cup and they will be on the main pitch. The 3's are at home to Earlsdon (using the Wardens changing rooms) whilst the Cavaliers were in the pool for an away game. Another game on at the club is Warwick Uni Medics who are taking on Swansea Medics.
• On Sunday the U14s are at home to Old Leamingtonians on the main pitch. Our girl's squad is away at Yardley and the U13' & U15's are training at the Cow Patch.
• On Sunday after the M&J's game and training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off and you can watch our very good Colts side. If you are an M&J parent please be advised that the club operates a Membership Card which gives a discount on bar prices. If you do not have a card then ask one of your coaches or simply go the bar, speak to Paul and ask him for one!
• Next week, 25th Oct, the first XV are at home in our first ever game with Crewe & Nantwich. The pre match Charity Lunch planned for the day is a sell out! This is still a 3pm kick off.
• Our planned Warwickshire Cup 1/4r final game with Old Laurentian on the 8th Nov will not now take place as Old L's have a national cup game that day. There is no news of when it will be played and will depend on OL's progress in their cup. The Second XV cup game at OL's will still take place on 2nd Nov.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js. All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• On Friday 31st October there will be a Halloween Night from 6pm and if you have not seen what gets done to the back room then you must come down and see this. The event is open to all and the web site contains more info @ www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk In a similar vein there will be a Santa's Grotto on the 21st Dec.
• The Autumn International tickets have now been sorted and they will be ready for collection from the club from 6.30 tomorrow night.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
18th Oct Colts v Stafford
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
31st Oct HALOWEEN NIGHT
1st Nov Colts v Old Leamingtonians Colts, 2.15
2nd Nov Old Laurentian v Cavaliers – War 2nd XV Cup
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15: M&J COACHES LUNCH
22nd Nov Cavaliers v Newbold: Colts v Chipping Norton, 2.15
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
6th Dec 90th ANNIVERSARY DINNER/DISCO, at club
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH
21st Dec SANTA'S GROTTO
23rd Jan BURNS SUPPER
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
• NEWS OF FORMER PLAYERS
Last years awards winner, Dom Sheehan has signed for Old Alleynians RFC in London 2 sw, Level 7
Will Owen, son of Glyn, now at Moseley has been selected for a Championship League select to play an equivalent Canadian team
Nick Cox, now at Ayr, broke his ankle last week. This is really good timing as his wife is about to produce their first child!