Lots of new news and apologies for no recent news!
• A narrow and expensive defeat at Whitchurch last week, 13-15 with serious injuries to top scorer Josh Hickman and second row Simon Went. Hooker Matt Gibson was also sent off in the last minute. The report of the game is on the web site. We have now dropped to fourth in the league behind leaders Stratford, Burton and Worcester Wanderers.
• Our Cavaliers played at home against Pinley 2’s and won 77-7 with four tries and six conversions from Bryn Grantham. Unfortunately not many Ladies ventured out of their (very successful) lunch to view the fine spectacle!
• Would you believe we have no sides out this weekend. The ones were always having a weekend off and the 2’s and 3’s were in the Pool but no fixtures were available. Our Colts were down to play at Banbury but they cried off yesterday.
• Sunday though is a busy day at the club with a girl’s tournament on and, at 2.15 we have Warwickshire U18’s v Lancashire U18’s on the main pitch @ 2.15pm.
• Our very successful Ladies Squad are down to play their second game away at Old Newtonians, 2.30 kick off. The Ladies Section is proving to be very successful and they have unearthed an amazing nineteen new players over the last few weeks. They train on a Monday (beginners) and Wednesday at the Cow Patch.
• Next week (24th) the first XV are at home to Bournville. The Colts are also at home against Barkers Butts whilst our Cavaliers are away at Rugby Lions. The 3’s are in the pool.
• Membership for 15/16 is now due. Don’t forget to register for membership online – we won’t list all the details here again – follow the link on the web site to register and pay. Even if you are a Life Member we ask you to complete the registration form, please!
• With a big thanks to Simon Bladon we now have a decent piano and Andy Honess road tested it on Wednesday night and gave it the thumbs up!
• On Monday night at Broadstreet our very own and programme pin up, Hamish, sorry Hector, Smith is playing for Warwickshire U20’s and we wish him well.
• The club are delighted to announce that we have signed a 12 month agreement to take BT Sport and this includes all footy and rugby played at the weekend. Tomorrow we can see Spurs v Liverpool at 12.45 followed by Bath v Exeter in the Premiership at 2pm.
• Later in the day it is the first batch of RWC ¼ finals with Wales v South Africa at 4pm and New Zealand v France at 8pm. On Sunday we have Ireland v Argentina at 1pm followed by Australia v Scotland at 4pm.
• SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
17/18th Oct RWC ¼ finals
18th Oct Warwickshire U18’s v Lancashire U18’s, 2.15
22nd Oct Rugby Ready session @ KRFC
24th Oct v Bournville. Colts v Barkers Butts
24/25th Oct RWC Semi Finals
28th Oct Warwick Medics on main pitch, 7pm
29th Oct Scrum Factory session @ KRFC
31st Oct RWC Final, 4pm
NEWS OF MEMBERS
• Our evergreen prop, Nick Collett, has taken over his Dad’s business and is now available for window cleaning, office cleaning etc.
• On Monday night at Broadstreet our very own programme pin up, Hamish, sorry Hector, Smith is playing for Warwickshire U20’s and we wish him well.
• It was also great to see Jeff Head at the club last week. Jeff is over for the RWC and will be with us for a few weeks yet. His mate Gavin was also around and his brother will to next week.
• If anyone fancies a good second hand car then Alistair Smith has a Ford Kia to sell.