KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 8th NOV 2013
News of the Warwickshire 2nd XV Cup draw
Do you have a spare working chest freezer the club could use, if so let us know
Gate person needed for 30th Nov
- Last week the first XV had a predictable defeat to high flying Lichfield who have now gone ten games and ten bonus pint wins. We lost tries early on and late on but competed in between. The final score of 14-50 was about par for Lichfield who appear too good for this league and may well run through it undefeated. The report, by Ralph, and pics by Yann are on the web site. We remain 7th in the league.
- The Colts entertained Broadstreet but due to their big injury list had to start with fourteen players. They then lost another of their star performers, Matt Slater, and Broadstreet went on to win 5-34.
- The Cavaliers lost heavily to Earlsdon 2’s, 5-72.
- This weekend the first XV, Colts and Cavaliers are all having the weekend off and the 3’s are the only ones out, playing Warwickians 2’s at home in a 1pm kick off. Also playing at the club on Saturday are the Warwick Medics and I think they also have an early kick off.
- The reason for the early kick offs is the England v New Zealand game which kicks off at 2.30 and will be shown on all TV’s at the club. Prior to this there is a lunch.
- The draw for the 1/4r final of the Warwickshire Second XV Cup has paired us with Nuneaton Old Eds, at home and will be played on 8th Dec, 2.15.
- Please reminder of the Code of Rugby for both players and spectators. This can be accessed on the web site @ http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/news/code-of-rugby-please-read.html. Your co-operation in adhering to this code would be very much appreciated.
- Next week (23rd Nov) the ones are away at Malvern in the first of three games against teams below us – bit of a change from the last four weeks! Malvern play at Spring Lane, WR14 1AJ and if you want a very good pub then try the Nags Head which is just a few minutes from the ground and sells superb beer and food (www.nagsheadmalvern.co.uk). Our next home game is on the 30th Nov against Market Bosworth.
- Subs for the new season are now OVER-DUE and payment NOW would be appreciated. Information on the subs for this season and methods of paying are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html. This area also explains the reasoning behind the apparent large rise in Playing Subs. We now have a non-payers list and this will soon go up in the club so if you do not want your name to appear then please pay up.
- M&J Fixtures for Sunday 17th Nov:
U16s home to Market Harborough on main pitch (weather permitting),
U13s, U14s, U15s training
Post match food will be available at the senior club.
Teas/coffees available there from 10.30am, bar open at club from 11am.
- A date has been set for the Christmas Party and, like last year, it will be held at The Holiday Inn on 7th Dec. Posters will soon go up around the club, the Rocky Lane site and the web site.
- There will be a Comedy Night on the 12th Dec – one of the popular Gong Nights.
- If you wish to see the pics taken in early Sept at Kenilworth Castle then you can. Go on http://www.photoboxgallery.com/KRFC. They are also being used on the M&J section of the web site.
- The club’s two chest freezers have packed in and we are looking for replacements. If you have one spare could you let me or Paul know.
- We also require a gate person for our game with Market Bosworth on 30th Nov. Your help on this would be very much appreciated.
- FORTHCOMING EVENTS
24 Nov, Colts at Hereford in National Colts Cup, round 3
30th Nov, v Market Bosworth
7th Dec, KRFC Christmas Party @ Holiday Inn
8th Dec, Cavaliers v Nuneaton Old Eds, Warwickshire Cup, 1/4r final
12th Dec, COMEDY NIGHT GONG SHOW
14th Dec, v Stoke, Christmas Lunch @ noon
15th Dec, SANTA’s GROTTO