KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 15th JAN 2016
• A very disappointing result last week at Stoke, going down 12-22 against a team on the fringes of the relegation battle. Even more so as we took the lead through Joe Jepps, then conceded four tries. Where was an injury to the ref when we needed it! Sophie’s report is on the web site. It was also bad news from the Ladies who lost their cup game, 7-15, to Bletchley. According to reports Bletchley were good and they play regularly in a decent league as well as boasting a Scottish International in their ranks so we did well to run them close. The Colts did us proud though, defeating Broadstreet 19-7 to go third in their league, whilst the Cavaliers had a superb 49-10 win over Newbold 3’s to go second in their league, one point behind with a game in hand. Reports on the Ladies and Colts are also on the web site.
• This week the ones are at home to Stratford in a very big game for both teams. Stratford are currently lying in third place only one point off the leaders Bridgnorth. It will be a hard game for our boys but, one statistic to play with, all of Stratford’s five losses have been away from home! A not so good pointer however is that the predictor from Dudley has forecast a home win! Sophie will be tweeting if you cannot make the game. The programme for the game will be on the web site later today.
• Prior to the Stratford game we are hosting our annual Molly Olly Charity lunch and there are still some spaces available, contact Peter Blakeman.
• Other games this weekend include the Colts at home to Stratford (this is a big clash in that league) and the Cavaliers away at Spartans. The 3’s proposed game with Leamington is off. On Sunday our Ladies are again at home against Amber Valley, kick off 2pm.
• Next week the ones are away at Walsall. The Cavaliers are at home to Berkswell & Balsall and the Colts are away at Earlsdon.
• At the club over the weekend there is lots of TV rugby with the Champions Cup rugby being shown on BT Sport and Sky.
• The Burns Supper on the 22nd Jan and St David’s Night on the 11th March are near sell outs but there are still a few places if you fancy either. Full info on the St David’s Night is on the home page of this web site.
SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 16th Jan v Stratford, 2.15: Molly Olly Lunch
Fri 22nd Jan Burns Night
Sat 23rd Jan Cavaliers v Berkswell & Balsall
Sat 30th Jan v Whitchurch, AJA Architects Lunch
Thurs 3rd Mar A Night with John Inverdale
Fri 11th Mar St David’s Night
23/24th Apr M&J Festival