KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 14th MARCH 2014
Club open at 11.30 on Sat morning for pizza and bacon butties. Game of touch on main pitch between games!
Still spaces at the Charity Lunch before Malvern on 22nd March and raffle prizes sought
Still time to place your bids
Sponsor a trophy @ the M&J Festival in April
• Another loss to report I am afraid, a big one, 7-74 away at league leaders Lichfield and we drop to 9th in the league. Glyn's report is on the web site.
• The Colts also lost their Warwickshire Cup game on the main pitch, 15-43 to Silhillians, and to conclude a miserable weekend the 3's (laced with a number of golden oldies warming up for the Pirates tour) lost at home to Newbold 3's, 17-40.
• This weekend the ones are having a week off and because of the many Six Nations games the 2's and 3's have also agreed with Old Leamingtonians that their games will not now take place. However all players (at any level) are invited to bring their boots for a game of touch on main pitch between TV games on Sat.
• The Colts are playing away at Newbold.
• The Club will open at 11.30 on Saturday morning for the Six Nations and Paul will have tea, coffee and bacon or sausage butties, as well as his fine ales and wines. Italy v England is at 12.30, Wales v Scotland is at 2.45 and France v Ireland is at 5pm.
• Junior fixtures for 16th March are:
U15s home to Shipston on main pitch
U16s home to Leamington
U14s at Stratford 7s tournament
The main Club will be open for hot drinks from 10.30am, bar from 11am and there will be post match food there.
• Attracting 16 visiting clubs from across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond, the festival will bring 100's of families to the Kenilworth Club over the two days. Trophies will be presented to both Mini and Junior teams providing a great opportunity to profile your company across the weekend. If your company is interested in sponsoring any of the trophies, please contact Emma Tombs to discuss options and opportunities available.
• The second Jazz Night of the season took place at the start of March and was another sell out! The next one is scheduled for 12th May. More info is @ www.kenilworthjazzclub.co.uk
• This years Club Dinner will be held on Friday 9th May. Further details will be announced soon.
• Please remember to get your bids in for the Baker Jayne KRFC Auction with four very good prizes up for grabs. All money raised is going to the Roof Appeal. The link to the bid form is at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YKLoPR2O2XE_P03c5rgRzCR8Y1ui0Le0AI9R0Y-4Ge8/viewform. It is also on the web site. Bids need to be in by 16th March.
• For all the latest news on tickets and how to get involved in Rugby World Cup 2015, join The Front Row - www.rugbyworldcup.com/frontrow or follow England 2015 on Twitter @England_2015. We have been informed that we will be allocated at least two volunteer spots and clearly if we have more than two interested then we may need to ballot. If you are interested in being one of our volunteers then let me know ASAP. More info on tickets can be found at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl=en&shva=1#inbox/14430a3184fe08bf
• FORTHCOMING EVENTS
Sat 15th Mar Italy v England, Wales v Scotland and Ireland v France
SIX NATIONS final weekend kicking off at 12.30.
Sat 22nd Mar v Malvern, Charity Lunch, 3pm kick off
Sat 29th Mar Pirates v Shipston Vets, 3pm on main pitch
Sat 5th Apr v Old Laurentian, Former Players Lunch, 3pm
11th to 13th April Pirates Tour
26th/27th April M&J Festival
9th May CLUB DINNER
NEWS OF MEMBERS
• Hello everyone. Yes it's that time of year again when I start the hard work of fund raising for The Brain and Spine Foundation Charity in this year's London marathon-my 436th full marathon. My current aim is to reach my next target of £75,000 in April, so with already £70,000 raised over the years we all hope to reach our new target this year.
In addition to my annual raising of the "money bar" again, I also want to reach the 500 marathons in the next 5 years and also to reach 350 half marathons. Hopefully-despite breaking my leg last November-this will be possible.
So if you feel that our efforts are worth while please look at the virgin site below and see what we are up to and hopefully sponsor us.
Thanking you in advance of your generosity. Check out: