- On Saturday (14th) the first XV are away at Stoke, 3pm and the boys would love to run out to a big KRFC support so get along if you can. Stoke play at Hartwell Lane, Barlaston, Staffordshire, ST15 8TL. If you fancy a nice wee pub lunch then there are two pubs close to the ground at the junction of Hartwell Lane and Longton Rd. If you cannot make the game then you will be able to follow it on Twitter by simply logging onto the web site and clicking the Twitter feed or by following @kenilworthrugby. Honest, it is very easy! Last weeks Tweets (by Ralph) were well received and appreciated by all, including Silhillians!
- We have a decent squad out comprising: Lowthian, Cresswell, Dodd, Lane, Openshaw, Dickson, Hannam, Nicholson: Selby, O’Brien, Middleton, Tyler, Sheehan, Hickman, Kendall: subs are Collett, Roberts, Purewal
- There is a BUS is leaving KRFC at 12 noon and you can still book your spot on it. Come along and give the boys the support they deserve!
- The Cavaliers are at home to Stratford in a merit league game whilst the threes are off to Rugby St Andrews – this game may be in doubt so check it out before you play/attend. These are also 3pm kick offs.
- The new web site is almost ready – watch out for it!
- Subs for the new season are now due and early payment would be appreciated. Information on the subs for this season and methods of paying are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/about-krfc/membership.html
- We are looking for someone to record the first XV league games on video. The requirements of the job are on the News section of the web site and if you are interested contact Richard Gibson.
- Applications for tickets for the Six Nations (Ireland and Wales) are now being accepted and information on how to apply is on the web site in the download section. http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/about-krfc/documents-for-download/1106-six-nations-tickets-2014.html
- The Big Photo Shoot, Sunday 15th Sept. – final details for this, plus your car parking pass are on the web site. Everyone is welcome. Come along and support the club.
- On the news section of the web site you will find a note from our Chairman on the current situation with the re-development of the grounds we have now and our possible re-location.
- Players Meeting: It is intended to hold a Players Meeting, following training, on Thursday 17th October, commencing at 8.45 pm. Players at all levels within the club are invited to attend. With the season well underway by then we will be better placed to review how things are going in respect of all aspects of playing Rugby at Kenilworth Rugby Club. It is acknowledged that some of you will have been training earlier so the intention will be to keep the meeting/review to around one hour. Likewise, some of you will not have had a proper chance to eat so some food will be provided. If you have any playing related issues to discuss which you feel cannot wait until then, please make sure you speak to one of the coaching team, your skipper/organizer or anyone else involved in the management or running of the club – Bruce Doe.
- The first Coventry University fixture at the club will be on Wed 9th Oct against Harper Adams College. Kick off is 3pm and the bar will be open!
- The RFU have written to me re 2015 Rugby World Cup Tickets. There is a dispute between the RFU and IRB as to who are to distribute the tickets and how. The RFU suggest that people log onto the 2015 RWC web site (www.rugbyworldcup.com) to keep abreast of things. A very big help!
· Ced Holbrook has advised me of the following: Graham Turner & I were at Warwick School together, after which Graham played for Kenilworth sides, including the 1st. XV. Louise, Graham & I started a yacht charter & delivery business in the Mediterranean in the late 1960s, &, very sensibly, Louise & Graham have continued to live in France, & now Menorca, ever since! I’m having lunch with Louise & Graham on 14th. September during one of their visits to the UK, & they may well come down to Kenilworth RFC afterwards to marvel at the skills of the 2nd. XV! I know Graham would love to meet any old acquaintances that a) are still mobile &/or b) might possibly recognise him.