KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 13th OCT 2016
o Warwickshire Cup Semi on Sunday @ Broadstreet
o A kicking course on 19th Oct, hence NO TOUCH
o Wal Prescott game, Friday night, 7pm
o 200 Club Re-Launch on 11th Nov
• Another league defeat, 24-42, for the first XV against Bournville last week but what might have been with us leading 21-3 after twenty minutes with tries from Rhys Jones, Mikkel and Bobby. However Bournville stepped up a few gears and ended up scoring six tries fopr their bonus point win. The report on the game is on the web site with some superb piccies from Stuart Hayward-Higham. There are also top quality video highlights on GlasshouseTV – accessible through https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWPhTUiAeOnrtt90SqG1v4w/videos
This result, and others, means we have now slipped back to the foot of the table. Our Cavaliers lost 0-45 at Banbury (who have won all of their five games to date). The only good result last week as the win by our Ladies in a Cup Competition at Five Ways OE’s (a league higher), 26-10. The report on this game is also on the web site.
• This weekend (Sunday 16th) our first XV are playing their Warwickshire Cup semi final with Nuneaton who are currently playing in NL3 midlands where they are lying fourth with four wins out of six. Last week they lost 28-56 away at Sheffield. In their ranks they boast ex Kenilworth players Daz Dean, Nick Smith & Elliott Brown. Lee Cassell is also their backs coach. The game is being played at Broadstreet with a 3pm kick off and £2 entry fee.
• On Sunday afternoon (16th) our Ladies are at home in a league game against Dudley K, kick off 2pm.
• On Saturday (15th) our threes have their first run out of the season at home to Shottery, kick off 3pm on the main pitch.
• On Friday 21st Oct our Pirates will be playing Old Coventrians Vets in a game to mark the memory of Wal Prescott. The bar will be open from 6pm for the 7pm kick off.
• Please remember the club now has BT Sport at the weekends and this includes Premiership Rugby & European Cup Rugby (with Sky) on Friday nights and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Sky will also be the platform for the up and coming Autumn Internationals at Twickenham.
• Another of our Sponsors is The Almanack. They have kindly agreed to reward members of Kenilworth RFC with a discount on any wine purchased. Details of this offer are on our web site, www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk and all you have to do is show them your Membership card.
• On Wed 19th Oct Tom Kendall is holding a kicking class on the main pitch and all prospective kickers are welcome to attend. Because of the kicking class there will be no touch rugby that night.
• On Wed 26th Oct there is a Rugby Awareness Seminar at Broadstreet and this is open to everyone. Full details are on the home page of the web site.
• On 11th Nov there will be the first 200 Draw of the season and more info on this will be provided nearer the time. It is a Friday night and you could have a pint and glass of wine waiting to see if you have won up to £1000! Full details are on the web site.
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
15th Oct 3’s v Shottery, 3pm
16th Oct v Nuneaton, cup semi final, 3pm, Broadstreet
16th Oct Ladies v Dudley Kingswinford, 2pm
19th Oct Kicking Class, 7pm: NO TOUCH!
21st Oct Pirates v Old Coventrians, 7pm, in memory of Wal Prescott
29th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich, 3pm: Pirates Lunch
30th Oct Silhillians v Cavaliers, 2.15, War Cup, round 1
5th Nov Cavaliers v Old Laurentian 2’s
11th Nov 200 Club Draw
12th Nov Warwickshire Cup Final
19th Nov v Hereford
26th Nov Cavaliers v Banbury
10th Dec Christmas Lunch (v Newport)
17th Dec Players Christmas Party