It is a big thanks to Bromwich Hardy (http://bromwichhardy.com/) for sponsoring the Ladies Lunch tomorrow!
Some tickets for Scott Quinnell Dinner available
Autumn Int tickets available next week
Please pay your subs!
• No games for the men last week with the ones having a week off (due to their Intermediate Cup exit) and Old Coventrians crying off the second XV Shield game. It was then up to the Ladies to perform on the Sunday and this they did with a resounding 57-0 win over Old Northants Ladies. Winger Phoebe Howles was in fine form scoring a hat trick, with winger Sophie Henry and centre Felicity Baldwin both scoring two tries apiece in the 11-try rout. This keeps them top of their league with three wins out of three. The Ladies (Development Squad) then played again on Tuesday night and defeated Warwick University ladies 35-0 with a number of newcomers taking the field.
• If you are interested Olney progressed to the next round of the Int Cup by defeating Berkswell & Balsall, 21-13.
• Tomorrow sees the first of our Ladies Lunches and a marquee has been erected and 120 expected! We thank Bromwich Hardy (http://bromwichhardy.com/) for their kind sponsorship of this event.
• This weekend the ones are away at Old Yardleians. It has been a while since we last visited there, Feb 95 to be precise. They play at Tilehouse Lane, Shirley, B90 1PW. Old Yards were promoted into this league and have had a tough start to the season, losing to Droitwich, Earlsdon and Evesham and last week they exited the Int Cup, losing at home to Kidderminster. If you cannot make the game then there will be regular tweets on @kenilworthrugby. Our second XV have picked up a pool game away at Spartans and our Colts are away at Broadstreet. The Ladies will be playing Old Northants again, this time away in the cup on Sunday.
• Next week the ones are at home to Silhillians, this being the first of our Former Players Lunches. The two’s are away at Silhillians and the Colts are at home to Old Coventrians. Our Ladies are also at home on the Sunday against Lutterworth.
• Dom has been busy organising a few Pirates games and the first one is away at Leamington on 28th Oct. We then play Shottery at home on 4th Nov all in a warm up for the Wal Prescott Memorial game away at Old Coventrians on 8th Dec.
• Membership fees are now due and you will, or have been, sent a reminder through the RFU GMS system. This system is explained on our web site: http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html The system requires input from yourself and if you have not already done this please do!
• Following our first round win at Shipston we have been drawn at home to Dunlop in the next round of the Warwickshire Shield. This game is to be played before the 31st Dec but it is likely it will take up an empty Saturday/Sunday slot before then due to our exit of the Intermediate Cup.
• We are holding a "Rugby Aware & Activate - Injury Prevention" course at Kenilworth on Monday 16th October, starting at 6:30pm and ALL are welcome to attend – players, coaches, physios, parents etc
• There has been a lot of problems with dogs and dog mess at the Cow Patch on a Sunday morning, particularly around the café and changing areas. Can we remind you the club has a NO DOGS policy and this will be enforced in future Sundays.
• We are embarking on a “Return to Rugby” scheme and this is in the final stages of planning. It is hoped to recruit a number of our former players, of all ages, back to the club so if you fall into this class then look out for an invite dropping through your letterbox. We can all help in this and if you know of any friends, relatives etc who could be persuaded back then please do not hesitate to contact them directly. A great re-introduction back is the touch rugby sessions that are held on a Wednesday night.
• Tickets for the Autumn Internationals have now arrived and will be collated and will be ready for collection next week. An email will be sent out to those who have applied.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
13th Oct Ulster v Wasps on TV
14th Oct Ladies Day
16th Oct Rugby Aware & Activate - Injury Prevention course, 6.30pm
19th Oct Scott Quinnell Dinner
21st Oct Silhillians, Former Players Lunch
21st Oct Colts v Old Coventrians
22nd Oct Ladies v Lutterworth, 2.00pm
4th Nov Colts v Stratford, 2.15
4th Nov Second XV v Barkers Butts, 2.15
4th Nov Pirates v Shottery, 2.15
11th Nov Berkswell & Balsall, 2.15
Note: we have both BT Sport and Sky Sports so all rugby that is available will be shown (unless Leeds or Partick Thistle are on).