KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 13h NOV 2015
• A difficult trip to Bridgnorth for the ones last week with a host of guys injured or unavailable. However we put up a spirited display in losing 7-29 to a decent Bridgnorth outfit. The loss has dropped us to 8th in the league. Sophie’s excellent report is on the web site as are the piccies.
• Mixed fortunes for our other teams. The Colts lost 24-26 with top of the league Nuneaton scoring in the last minute of the game. A report on this game is on the web site. Our Second XV went top of their league with a 24-7 win over Spartans whilst our Pirates, in what they thought was a dress rehearsal for a game with Old Laurentian Vets, went down 5-7 at Old Leamingtonians 2’s.
• Our Ladies had an eventful trip to Buxton, needing a replacement bus to get them there! It was all worth it though as they ran out winners 58-5. The report on this game is also on the web site.
• This week the ones are back at home and play Burton who are currently lying fourth in the league having suffered two recent defeats to Hereford and Dudley K. Like us, they will be desperate to get their season back on track. The programme for the game, including our team, will be on the web site later today and Sophie will be tweeting and reporting as she did last week. Down to make his debut is 18yr is old back row Josh Fox. There is an informal hot buffet lunch before the Burton game if you fancy coming along and chatting to the Burton people.
• Our Colts are away at Berkswell & Balsall whilst our table topping Cavaliers travel to Pinley. The 3’s/Pirates are now not playing and are joining up with Old Leams 3’s. The Ladies do not have a game this weekend.
• Please note all kick offs are now 2.15.
• Following the Ladies great cup win over Cannock they have been rewarded with another home fixture and next weekend, 22nd Nov, they are taking on Rugby Lionesses, 2pm ko, probably on the main pitch.
• Next week (21st Nov) the ones are back on the road and travel to Crewe & Nantwich. They play at Newcastle Road, Nantwich, CW5 7EP and I believe we were served a very good lunch there last season! It has been very noticeable at our recent away games that we are distinctly lacking support. Years ago we were renowned for our visiting supporters and someone even called us the Man U of the league. I do not know if it has been the World Cup that has been keeping people away, or other reasons, but all I can say is the boys need and deserve your support so please make every effort you can to attend away games and give them a shout.
• Membership for 15/16 is now due. Don’t forget to register for membership online – we won’t list all the details here again – follow the link on the web site to register and pay. Even if you are a Life Member we ask you to complete the registration form, please! There are very few players registered and we urgently ask you to.
• At the club over the weekend there is lots of TV rugby with the Champions Cup starting up and being shown on BT Sport and Sky.
• Some more dates for your diary are 22nd Jan for a Burns Night and a St David’s Night on 11th March. Last year’s Burns Night was a great success and if you fancy going then contact me.
• If you have applied for Six Nations tickets please be advised that you will not be told of your allocation, if any, until I hear from the RFU about the extra tickets I have requested. We are 3 times oversubscribed for both games and the allocation of tickets is going to be a nightmare and will depend on the extra ones received from the RFU.
• SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 14th Nov v Burton, 2.15pm
Sun 22nd Nov Ladies v Rugby Lionesses, cup, 2pm
Sat 28th Nov v Dudley K, 2.15
Sat 5th Dec Christmas Dinner/Disco
Sat 12th Dec v Worcester Wanderers
Sat 19th Dec v Silhillians, Christmas Lunch
Mon 28th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 2pm
Fri 22nd Jan Burns Night
Fri 11th March St David’s Night