KRFC NEWS, 13th NOVEMBER 2014
News of the Warwickshire Cup!
BaBa's game on 27th Dec
Santa's Touch on 17th Dec
• The ones had a weekend off last week in preparation for the tough games ahead, starting with second place Hereford on Saturday, 2.15 kick off. We are lying on the same points and win/loss total to Hereford but their superior points difference over us has claimed them second spot. Their only defeat has been away at Crewe & Nantwich and last time out they had a superb win away at fourth place Worcester Wanderers. Arguably (and putting Stratford aside!) this is our biggest test of the season to date and, despite missing a few regulars, we have a fairly decent team out (as provided by Jos on Wednesday!). Before the Hereford game there is a lunch primarily for the M&J coaches and if you have not yet booked in for this then please contact Charlie Westrope ASAP. Kick off will be 2.15. Other spaces are available and this is an ideal opportunity to sample a KRFC pre match lunch at its best! The programme for the game will be on the web site from Friday pm.
• Last weekend the Colts lost away at Southam, 17-27, the Cavaliers lost away at Leamington 2's, 28-29 but the 3rd XV won at home to Leamington 3's, 29-24. There is a report on the Colts game on the web site.
• On Sunday the junior game on the main pitch will be the U15's against Claverdon. The U13s are away to Old Laurentians and the Girls are at Shipston. The U14's are training.
• On Sunday after the M&J's training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off and you can watch our very good Colts side. If you are an M&J parent please be advised that the club operates a Membership Card which gives a discount on bar prices. If you do not have a card then ask one of your coaches or simply go the bar, speak to Paul and ask him for one!
• Next week, 22nd Nov, the ones have another tough game away at Worcester Wanderers. The Cavaliers are at home to Newbold with the 3's in the pool.
• The Colts also have a big fixture next week with their 3rd round National Colts Cup game at Nuneaton.
• We have been advised by Old Laurentian that they have withdrawn from the Warwickshire Cup and this means we now find ourselves in the semi final with Nuneaton, Sutton Coldfield and Spartans and no prizes for guessing who we would like in the draw!
• Kenilworth RFC were formed in 1924 and played their first game on Sept 20th. Hence we have something to celebrate this 90th season! First on the agenda is a Dinner/Disco to be held at the club on the 6th Dec. Other events are in the advanced stage of planning, including a Six Nations Dinner and a pre match lunch and it is hoped to conclude the celebrations with a special game in May featuring two guest teams. It is also planned to make the year a big fund raising event and fund raising activities will be co-ordinated around the theme '90' – watch this space. One confirmed event is a 90th Anniversary pre match lunch and this will be held in conjunction with the Former Players Lunch on the 7th Feb.
• The 90th Anniversary Christmas Dinner/Disco is almost sold out but a few places remain – contact Peter B ASAP to secure your place.
• The Christmas Lunch on the 13th v Newport is now SOLD OUT!
• Membership subs for this season are now due. Please pay or you may appear on the non payers list and be challenged in the club.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• The Autumn Internationals have started (very well for some teams!) and all of the England (and Ireland) games are on Sky and will be shown at the club. Wales and Scotland are on BBC and will also be available at the club. Tomorrow's games are Eng v South Africa (2.30), Wales v Fiji (2.30) and Scotland v New Zealand (5.30). Ireland play Georgia on Sunday afternoon.
• We are continually being asked questions on the New Ground Situation and if anyone wishes an update on what is happening with the sale of our current grounds and our proposed new ground then just ask – so speak to either Peter Blakeman or myself and you will be kept up to date with what is happening.
• Advanced Warning – a Traditional Burns Supper at the club on Fri 23rd January!
• PAG has been busy filling in a few dates and has arranged for a Barbarians squad to take on Warwick School Old Boys on Sat 27th Dec at 1pm. There will also be a Santa's Touch Rugby event on Wednesday 17th Dec.
• Our ex player Luke Watts recently starred for Malta in their recent 31-26 win over Croatia and if anyone wishes to see a report on the game then ask Willie W and I will forward one on.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15: M&J COACHES LUNCH
15th Nov Richmond Heavies v Pirates – coach going
22nd Nov Cavaliers v Newbold
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
6th Dec 90th ANNIVERSARY DINNER/DISCO, at club
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH
17th Dec SANTA'S TOUCH RUGBY on MAIN PITCH, 6pm
21st Dec SANTA'S GROTTO
27th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 1pm
23rd Jan BURNS SUPPER
7th Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, FORMER PLAYERS & 90th ANNIVERSARY LUNCH
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
All Autumn Internationals shown at club!