Joss has done his DO90!
Last call for Wasps & Saracens interest
RFU Tickets to be returned by 13th Feb!
Bus going to Leek next week – book with Jos Selby
Pirates at home next week
Brian Foster – did you play with him in the 60's?
• A miserable game at Glasshouse last week summed up by one of Ralph's tweets in the second half "I wish there was something interesting to tweet but, even with my heightened ability for invention, there is not". The game ended 10 all and the report and piccies are on the web site. Least said the better!
• The only other game last week was our Colts who had a thumping win, 50-12, over Old Leamingtonians Colts. The report on this game is also on the web site.
• This weekend the ones are having a week off and the big attraction are the Colts on the first XV pitch, playing Southam in the Warwickshire Colts Cup. The Cavaliers are down to play Old Laurentian 2's, at home.
• There is no junior fixture on the main pitch this week and all teams are down to train at the Cow Patch site.
• The Six Nations started last week and the club was very busy on both Friday night and Saturday night with a good atmosphere for both big games. Tomorrow (Sat) we have England v Italy @ 2.30 and Ireland v France @ 5pm. On Sunday Scotland take on Wales @ 3pm.
• The semi final win over B&B a few weeks back means we will contest the Warwickshire Cup final for the first time since 2007 and we will be playing Nuneaton, who, would you believe, have never ever played in a Warwickshire Cup Final. The final is planned for 15th March and much to our disappointment, and indeed Nuneaton's, it will be played at Broadstreet. We have big plans for the day so watch this space.
• Next weekend, 21st Feb the ones are off to Crewe for our first ever visit. There is a bus going with plenty room for supporters. Kick off is still 2.15. Crewe play at Crewe Vagrants Sports Club - Newcastle Road, Willaston, Nantwich, CW5 7EP and this is 78 miles away, about 1.5 hrs in a car.
• Also next week, the Pirates are having a run out and they have picked another difficult looking game against Hinckley at home.
• I once again draw your attention to the possibility of KRFC attending the Wasps v Saracens game on the 8th March as a group, leaving and returning to the club on a bus. We are trying to gauge interest for this and full details are on the web site. Peter B needs to know by 20th Feb if this is a goer or not so please contact him if you fancy it.
• The club are pleased to announce that member, George Carr, has taken over the role of Groundperson.
• You should by now have received your RFU Raffle tickets to sell. These need to be returned by 13th Feb, THIS WEEK!.
• The Barbarians are offering a 2 for one ticket offer for their game v Argentina game at Twickenham on 21st Nov 2015. Special discounted 2 for 1 early bird adult tickets are available, for a limited period only, from £30 for adults (for two tickets) and £15 for juniors (U16) at www.ticketmaster.co.uk 0844 847 2492. (Booking fees apply). Please do not apply to me for these but direct to Ticketmaster.
• The likely date for our St David's (Welsh) Night is 13th March – watch this space. This could be a cracking start to our Cup Final weekend.
• It is with great pleasure that the club will be purchasing a Defibrillator, courtesy of Joss Selby who says:
I am pleased and somewhat relieved to report that I have now successfully completed my 90km running challenge as part of the clubs 'DO 90' campaign and delighted to say that I have raised and pledged the sponsorship monies required to purchase an automatic defibrillator for the club. The support and generosity of many KRFC players and members together with a number of local businesses in sponsoring me has meant that we have now been able to order the defibrillator which will be delivered within the next few days. For Kenilworth RFC to have a bit of kit such as this is very important which was demonstrated by the incredible response from club members and local businesses who bought into the idea of fund raising to purchase the defibrillator. On behalf of Kenilworth RFC - many thanks to everyone who sponsored me in this challenge.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
14th Feb Colts v Southam, Warwickshire Colts Cup
14th Feb England v Italy, 2.30pm, Ireland v France, 5pm
15th Feb Scotland v Wales, 3pm
21st Feb away at Crewe – bus going!
21st Feb Pirates v Hinckley
28th Feb v Earlsdon
7th Mar 3's v Leamington
13th Mar St David's Night - TBC
14th Mar Colts v Newbold
15th Mar WARWICKSHIRE CUP FINAL, v Nuneaton
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
27-29th Mar PIRATES TOUR
11th Apr Colts v Barkers Butts
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
All of the Six Nations games will be shown live at the club on our big screens.
• NEWS OF (EX) MEMBER
Following last weeks very successful Former Players Lunch Peter Boyle has had a call from a Brian Foster whom played for Kenilworth between 1964 and 1965. If anyone wishes to contact him then speak to either myself or Pete Boyle and we will pass on his email address.