KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 13th APRIL 2017
o News of work on main pitch and restrictions on use
o U10’s at Prima Cup final this weekend
o Barbarians on main pitch Easter Saturday
o Ashley Johnson Night changed to 11th May
o No dogs at the Cow Patch, please
• A defeat, 12-73, to report last week at champions Newport but our depleted (due to a lot of ‘non availabilities) squad put in a spirited performance which was appreciated by all. The report on the game is on the web site. In the Pirates tour game at Hove we were supposed to be up against a true vets squad but this turned out to be a youthful second XV and our boys lost 48-70 playing the better rugby but being caught on the break to much
• This week (15th April) the ones (and others) have a week off and pride of place on the first XV pitch goes to our Barbarians who take on a Harbury/Princethorpe select, kick off 2.15.
• KRFC U10s are travelling to Leicester Tigers, Welford Road this Saturday to compete in the final of the Prima Cup which will be played before the Tigers take on the Falcons @ 3pm. There are 2 coaches of supporters leaving KRFC early Saturday morning and more support is welcome to roar the guys on. Kenilworth U10s have had a great season and are running in to great form if recent festivals are anything to go by. It promises to be a very special and memorable day for the boys, parents, grandparents and friends - win or lose, they can be very proud of their achievement in reaching the finals of this national cup. The coaches certainly are! After our own festival, the U10s then go on tour with the U9s to Barnstaple at the end of the month - both ages groups defending silverware from last season.
• Next weekend (22nd April) is our final league game at home to Stoke, kick off 3.00pm, prior to which is our Molly Olly Charity Dinner. Starring at the start of the game will be Aflie Dingley and full details are in the Kenilworth Weekly News. The Cavaliers are down to play at Silhillians.
• Please be aware that the club now has the full BT Sport package available at the club and this now includes European Cup and Premiership rugby and Champions League footy, in addition to Sky Sports. Next weekend it is the Champions Cup semi finals on both Saturday and Sunday.
• There is a shortage of referees at the lower end and in an attempt to address this there will be a short refereeing course at Old Coventrians on the 7th and 21st May. Full details of this are on our web site.
• The night with Ashley Johnson, the Wasps hooker, has had to be changed and it will now take place on 11th May. There will be an initial 30 minutes for photos and autographs followed by a Q&A session between 6.30 and 8.00pm.
• Taff Phillips is again running the London Marathon, his 477th and he is doing it for the Brain & Spine Foundation Charity. Taff has already raised £98k so only needs £2k sponsorship to break the £100k barrier. His donation link is at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/teamphillips2017
• It has been noted that there are a lot of dogs coming to the Cow Patch on a Sunday morning, both by members and outside members of the public. You are reminded that dogs are banned and if you see a non member with a dog please remind them of this fact.
• The main pitch is being sanded and seeded this week and we ask that all training and touch on it stops and is carried out at the Cow Patch.
• Please note there will be two Warwickshire RFU summer touch events at Kenilworth these being the 7th June and 1st July as apart of a series of events taking place across Warwickshire. The full set of events is on the web site.
• The club dinner is on 5th May and full details have been sent out and are now on the web site.
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
15th April Barbarians v Rollo’s Allstars, 2.30pm
21st April Minis afternoon/evening with Cirencester RFC
22nd April v Stoke, 3pm MOLLY OLLY LUNCH
23rd April M&J Festival
5th May Club Dinner
7th May M&J Presentation Day
11th May A night with Ashley Johnson
7th June Touch Rugby at KRFC, 6pm
9th June Ladies Dinner
1st July Touch Rugby at KRFC, 6pm