• Yet another good bonus point win (31-23) for the ones last week against Old Laurentian in yet another game we should have won with a better score than we did. There were tries for Jake Dodd, Dom Sheehan, Nyle Beckett and two for Booby Thompson (to bring his tally for season to eleven). Pete Lindsay's report is on the web site as are the pics. We have now moved up to an even more credible 5th in the league.
• The Cavaliers played their cup game on the Sunday against Nuneaton Old Eds and came out 38-0 winners in a game stooped midway through the second half due to a serious injury to a NOE player. We wish him well. The brief report on this game and some pics are also on the web site. They are now in the semi final of the Cup and will come up against either Broadstreet, Sutton Coldfield or Pinley on the 9th Feb – no prizes for guessing who we wish, at home of course!
• On Sunday morning I had the great pleasure in taking in some of the U16's game with Leamington. Our boys won very well and look a really good squad with some really exciting individuals. The pics of this game are on the gallery of the web site (http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/component/com_wgpicasapro/Itemid,174/album,5955004615273603713/page,1/view,album/)
• This weekend the first XV are at home in the first of the return fixtures and our last game before the Festive break. We play Stoke at home. Stoke currently lie in 7th and have won seven of their thirteen games, losing five and drawing one. They are one point behind us in the league and it looks as if it will be a tight game with our 5th spot in the league at stake. Our team is Dodd, Cresswell, Lowthian, Lane, Wadey, Openshaw, Jenkinson, Thompson, Selby, Glover, Beckett, Sheehan, Tyler, Jepps, Hickman: subs Collett, Phillips and Clifford. If you cannot attend the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby or go onto the web site and click the Twitter button for regular updates from Ralph. There is a Christmas Special Programme for the game in full colour (with thanks to John Emmerson of Emmerson Press) and this will be up on the site from 6pm tonight. If you have not yet checked out Dickies Gardening Tips (in full colour!) in the programme then you are missing out!
• Prior to the Stoke game there is the annual Christmas Lunch, commencing at 12.30.
• The other games this weekend are the Colts at home to Leamington/Old Leamingtonians, the two's away at Rugby St Andrews and the 3's at home to Stoke Old Boys 2's. A busy weekend at the club.
• On Sat night, 14th Dec, there is the Club Fancy Dress Party with music and general mayhem. The theme for this year is Cowboys & Indians.
• On Sunday the Barbarians have their first game the Festive Season when they take on Moreton College at 2pm. Santa will be in his Grotto for the duration of this game so come along and cheer our young squad and keep the bairns happy at the same time! The BaBa's also have a fixture on the 29th Dec v Warwick School Old Boys.
• Much to the amazement of Steve Sutherland the Colts have been given a home draw in the National Plate and this is against Evesham, next Saturday the 21st Dec @ 2.15. This should be a great way to start/continue the Christmas Festivities and to see our superb Colts in action.
• Please reminder of the Code of Rugby for both players and spectators. This can be accessed on the web site @ http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/news/code-of-rugby-please-read.html. Your co-operation in adhering to this code would be very much appreciated.
• Our next league game is on the 4th Jan at Stratford.
• Subs for the new season are now OVER-DUE and payment NOW would be appreciated. Information on the subs for this season and methods of paying are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html. This area also explains the reasoning behind the apparent large rise in Playing Subs. We now have a non-payers list and this is now up on the wall of the club. Please pay up to have your name removed, if it is on it.
• M&J Fixtures for Sunday 15th: U14s and U16s home to Leicester Forest, U13s away to Leicester Forest, U15s training. Pitches: U16s on main pitch, U14s on CP2, U15s on the Astro (11-12pm, no studs)
Post match food will be available at the senior club.
Teas/coffees available there from 10.30am, bar open at club from 11am.
• There is to be a Santa's Touch Rugby on Wed 18th Dec, on the main pitch weather permitting. The normal rules of our Touch Rugby apply.
• Please note that the club will be open on Christmas Eve (6pm), Christmas Day (1 till 3) and Boxing Day
• The proposed Cavaliers/Barbarians tour to Malta on 21st to 23rd Feb 2014 has been CANCELLED.
• Please remember our Amazon link, accessed through the web site for your Christmas gifts. Everything you spend through this links results in small cash back to KRFC.
• Also on the web site you will find news of Rugby World Cup Tickets 2015 and how they are to be distributed.
• FORTHCOMING EVENTS
15th Dec – SANTA's GROTTO
15th Dec – KRFC Barbarians v Moreton College, 2pm
18th Dec – SANTA'S TOUCH RUGBY
21st Dec – Colts v Evesham, National Plate, 2.15pm
24th Dec – Christmas Eve at the club, from 6pm
25th Dec – Christmas Day at the club, from 1 till 3
26th Dec – Boxing Day at club from noon
29th Dec – KRFC Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 2pm