KRFC NEWS, 12th DEC 2014
Do 90 Campaign
SUBS – final warning!
Ladies Lunch on 17th Jan
• The ones had a tremendous result last weekend away at Leek, winning 22-17 after being 3-14 down at half-time. It was a super performance from a team with guys playing out of position and returning from long lay offs. It also put paid to Leek's 23 game undefeated home record! The report is on the web site, as are the piccies. No other games were played due to a ref not being available for the Colts and Manor Park crying off the 3''s fixture late in the week.
• The ones are back at home tomorrow against top of the table, and undefeated, Newport. Prior to this is the annual Christmas Lunch. If you are attending the lunch then make sure you get there early, say noon, for a prompt start. If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby. The programme for the game will be on the web site later this afternoon.
• Other games are the Colts, now away at Leamington, with the 2's and 3's playing Old Laurentian, the 2's away and the 3's at home.
• On Sunday 14th December the U13s are at home to Nuneaton and the U15s are away to Syston. The U14's are training and the Girls are helping set up Father Christmas's Grotto at the main club. Pride of place on the main pitch are the U7's and U8's who are entertaining Hinckley (and will be in prime position for the grotto!)
• On Sunday why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off. If you are an M&J parent please be advised that the club operates a Membership Card which gives a discount on bar prices. If you do not have a card then ask one of your coaches or simply go the bar, speak to Paul and ask him for one!
• Next week, 20th Dec, the ones are away at Stoke in the first of the return fixtures. The Colts are away at Luctonians in the National Colts Plate. The 2's and 3's have no scheduled games.
• Unpaid Subscriptions: There are quite a number of 'members' – including players who have not yet paid their club subscription for the season and we wish to advise that anyone who has not paid their subs by 31st December 2014 will not be allowed to play for the club, use the bar or any of our facilities and their membership card will be excluded from the drink discount system. If anyone is particularly struggling financially to pay their subs please talk to Peter Blakeman or Bruce Doe and we will do what we can to help.
• The semi final draw for the Warwickshire Cup has paired us with Berkswell & Balsall with the other semi final being Nuneaton and Sutton Coldfield. These games are down to be played on 25th Jan at neutral venues and we are to play at Old Leamingtonians.
• The Club have now launched our 'DO 90' campaign and full details have been issued and are now on the web site. The planned events are included on the What's On section
• Membership subs for this season are now well over-due. Please pay or you may appear on the non payers list and be challenged in the club.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• We are continually being asked questions on the New Ground Situation and if anyone wishes an update on what is happening with the sale of our current grounds and our proposed new ground then just ask – so speak to either Peter Blakeman or myself and you will be kept up to date with what is happening.
• PAG has been busy filling in a few dates and has arranged for a Barbarians squad to take on Warwick School Old Boys on Sat 27th Dec at 1pm. There will also be a Santa's Touch Rugby event on Wednesday 17th Dec.
• We have been asked by the RFU if we would circulate a Ticket Survey to our members and this is available at
• We have also attended a forum organized by Wasps Rugby and they have advised that they have special offers for their opening four games at the Ricoh. The deal is 10x£20 tickets for the price of 8 and Peter Blakeman has the forms to apply for them. The link is www.wasps.co.uk/fixtures-results and the games are:
Sunday 21st December v London Irish
Sunday 4th January v Sale Sharks
Sunday 25th January v Leinster – European Cup
Sunday 1st February v Cardiff Blues - LV Cup
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH
17th Dec SANTA'S TOUCH RUGBY on MAIN PITCH, 6pm
21st Dec SANTA'S GROTTO
27th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 1pm
3rd Jan v Stratford
10th Jan Colts v Camp Hill
17th Jan v Whitchurch, LADIES LUNCH
23rd Jan BURNS SUPPER
25th Jan Warwickshire Cup Semi Final
7th Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, FORMER PLAYERS & 90th LUNCH
28th Feb v Earlsdon
6th Mar Sporting Celebrity Dinner
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ