Good first win in the league last week
Subs are now due – and new rate explained!
Volunteers STILL needed
News of our in house Project Manager
• We had a first league win last week against Silhillians in another tight game in which we showed a lot of guts and bottle to eventually come out on top 21-19. There were tries for Alex Selby, Jonny Cresswell and Josh Hickman, who also had two cons. However the crucial conversion was slotted from out wide by Simon Tyler after Josh had been injured. The report on the game, and the piccies, are on the web site.
• In our other GAMES ON weekend the Colts had a tremendous tussle with Old Leamingtonians and won 15-14 whilst on Sunday the barbarians defeated Princethorpe OB's 25-24. The only loss was our Cavaliers who went down 17-31 to a very youthful Silhillians, our boys tiring badly in the second half.
• Tomorrow the first XV are at home again, this time to Stoke. Stoke lost their opening game last week to Hereford, 18-27 but were in the game right till the end. Kick off is 3pm and the programme (with a few comments on the big vote next week) for the game will be up on the site from this evening. If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby. There were a few injuries from last week and these will mean there will be a few changes from last week's team.
• There is no formal lunch for the Stoke game tomorrow but if you wish to join a few of us who will be entertaining the Stoke people then we have an informal lunch at 2pm – let me know if you wish to join in.
• The other game tomorrow is our Cavaliers who are away at Banbury. Tonight, our Colts are at Broadstreet, kick off 7pm.
• Next Saturday (20th) the ones are away at Stratford.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js.
All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• This season we are continuing to offer Player Sponsorship @ £120. It is hoped that the sponsors from last season will continue but there are other players available at £120 (+vat). Your name will be publicized in the programme with a link to your web site (if applicable) from the KRFC site.
• Applications are now being invited for the 2015 Six Nations games at Twickenham, v Italy, v Scotland and v France. Full details on how to apply for these tickets are on the News section of the web site. Closing date for applications is 23rd Sept. Please note that the RFU are offering half price junior (<15) tickets for the Italy game
• The Kenilworth Jazz Club are returning for another year and the dates are listed under our events. Further information is available at their web page - www.kenilworthjazzclub.co.uk
• Those who registered for the first batch of World Cup tickets being sold through clubs would have been informed by RWC2015 that the next batch of tickets will go sale from 12th September. Full details are available at www.rugbyworldcup.com/ticketing/. Please note applications do not go through the club this time and you apply direct to RWC2015.
• Should you wish a copy of the club's fixture lists for the various teams then please go to the News Section of the web site where the lists are published.
• Advanced Warning – the first Former Players Lunch of the season is the 11th October, Barkers Butts at home. More details later.
• The club is also delighted to announce that Mike Blakeman has been appointed as the KRFC internal Project Manager/Co-Coordinator for our projected move and development. He will be assisted by Robin Cardwell. The club received a number of applications from members for this role(s) and an interview and selection process was undertaken.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
13th Sept v Stoke on Trent
20th Sept Cavaliers v Stratford
21st Sept Barbarians v Warwick Uni Medics, 1pm TBC
27th Sept v Walsall – CHARITY LUNCH
4th Oct Cavaliers v Nuneaton Old Eds
6th Oct Jazz Night (The Firebird Quartet)
11th Oct v Barkers Butts – FORMER PLAYERS LUNCH
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH