Still some spaces available at Christmas Lunch next week
Still time to vote for our Girls Tag Rugby in the Worthies
John Inverdale is coming to Kenilworth Rugby!
News of Six Nations Tickets
News of Pat Jenkinson
• No game for the first XV last week as the game at Hereford was called off due to flooding on the pitch. The current date for the game to be played is 2nd Jan but this is still to be confirmed. The previous week the guys had a superb win over Dudley Kingswinford, and we had a really good write up, with piccies and comments from Wayne, in the Cov ET. Sophie’s report and the DK piccies are on our web site.
• Other results last week were a defeat for the Colts at Banbury, 12-17, a win, 29-12, for the Cavaliers over Warwick Medics and another big win for the Ladies over Buxton, 54-12.
• This week we are at home to Worcester Wanderers in the last (excepting Hereford) of the first half of fixtures. Worcester were riding high a few weeks back and were top of the league but recent defeats by Hereford and Whitchurch has seen them drop to 5th, but only one point off the top. They will be tough opponents. Down to make their debut is 18yr old back row Will Blundell. Sophie will be at the game reporting and tweeting and the programme will be up on our web site later today.
• The Match Sponsor for the game is Pinnock Bell, Independent Financial Advisers of Coventry and they are holding a pre match lunch for the clients, staff and guests.
• Other games this weekend include the Colts away at Berkswell & Balsall. The Cavaliers game with Dunlop has been called off (by them) and the Cavs and 3’s have combined to travel to Hinckley 3’s. Our Ladies travel to Amber Valley on the Sunday.
• Next week (19th Dec) the ones start the return fixtures with a home game against Silhillians and this is the day of our annual Christmas Lunch with our auction. This is kicking off at 12noon to accommodate the 2.15 kick off. There are still some spaces available if you fancy attending.
• Other games next week are the Colts at home to Old Coventrians and the Cavaliers away at Berkswell & Balsall. The 3’s and Ladies are not down to play.
• The ladies have been drawn at home, again, in their Cup competition and they will play Bletchley on the 10th Jan.
• At the club over the weekend there is lots of TV rugby with Champions Cup Rugby being shown on BT Sport and Sky.
• If you have applied for Six Nations tickets then I have at last heard for the RFU of our full ticket application and it is my intention to forward them once the tickets are received. This will be late Jan/early Feb. If you wish to know your allocation then send me an email.
• The Kenilworth Girls Tag Rugby Team has been nominated in the Kenilworth Worthies 2016 and we need your votes. Please follow the link and vote for us. The girls are the only females nominated: http://www.kenilworthchamber.co.uk . The deadline for this is 15th Dec!
• Over Christmas the club will be open on Boxing Day and again on Monday 28th when there is a Barbarians game and a Minis Disco – full info on the disco is on the web site.
• There is an additional Summer Test between England and Wales at Twickenham and there is a superb offer of tickets for juniors at £20. Full details on this are on the web site.
• We have pulled off a bit of a coup by securing John Inverdale to come and speak at a Sporting Dinner and the date planned is 3rd March. Tickets will be £30 a head and will be available for booking early in the New Year.
• Do you recall our former Mini, Junior, Colt and first XV player Pat Jenkinson (‘PJ’). He is currently attending Bath University studying Maths. He is now playing for Bath 2’s in the highly respected and competitive Aviva A league and is hopeful of being awarded a contract by Bath next season. We wish him well.
• SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 19th Dec v Silhillians, Christmas Lunch
Sat 26th Dec Boxing Day Drinks from noon
Mon 28th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 2pm
Mon 28th Dec Minis Christmas Disco, 2 till 4
Sat 9th Jan Cavaliers v Newbold 3’s
Sun 10th Jan Ladies v Bletchley, 2pm, CUP
Sat 16th Jan v Stratford, 2.15
Fri 22nd Jan Burns Night
Thurs 3rd Mar A Night with John Inverdale
Fri 11th Mar St David’s Night