KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 10th MARCH 2017
• Seats available for Nigel Owens on 5th April
• Pre game lunches on 25th March and 22nd April
• Free hot dogs at England games!
• Come down and see our winning Ladies on the 19th March!
• A case of what might have been last week when we allowed Dudley K a 14-0 lead only for us to bounce back with an unconverted try and a penalty. Try as we did our brave lads could not get the winning score in the second half and the game finished 8-14. It was a pity as all other relegation contenders lost. We are now seventeen points off safety and face a make or break game on Saturday, away at Hereford. The report and piccies (thanks to Martin Stockbridge) of the Dudley K game are on the web site. Our 2’s (Cavaliers) also lost 10-15 to Earlsdon but the good news here is that they were awarded the ‘league’ points as Earlsdon did not have a front row and the game was played with uncontested scrums. Our champion Ladies took on a game against University of Birmingham and won 39-15.
• The next two weekends sees the culmination of the Six Nations and there will be free hot dogs available during the England games. This week it is Wales v Ireland on Friday night (8pm). Italy v France on Sat at 1.30 and the big one, England v Scotland at 4pm.
• Next weekend it is the culmination of the Six Nations on Saturday with Scotland v Italy at 12.30, France v Wales at 2.45 and Ireland v England at 5pm.
• This week the ones are away at Hereford and the Cavaliers are at home to Nuneaton Old Eds. I have not been informed of any Ladies games.
• Next weekend (18th March) our ones (and indeed Cavaliers) have a weekend off and the big game is the Ladies on Sunday in their final league game against Coalville. It is a 2pm kick of and it would be superb if they could run out to a big crowd.
• The next Ladies Lunch is set for 8th April and a poster with details is on the web site.
• On the 5th April we have pleasure in welcoming Nigel Owens to the club for a Sporting Dinner. Please contact Bruce Doe if you wish to attend this event. We will be using a marquee so there should be sufficient spaces for those who wish to attend.
• Please be aware that the club now has the full BT Sport package available at the club and this now includes European Cup and Premiership rugby and Champions League footy, in addition to Sky Sports.
• There is a shortage of referees at the lower end and in an attempt to address this there will be a short refereeing course at Old Coventrians on the 7th and 21st May. Full details of this are on our web site.
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
11th March Cavaliers v Nuneaton OE’s, 3pm
19th March Ladies v Coalville, 2pm
25th March v Worcester Wanderers, 3pm: Former Players Lunch
25th March Cavaliers v Leamington, 3pm
1st April v Moseley Oak, 3pm, Coaches Lunch
5th April Nigel Owens Dinner
8th April Ladies Lunch
8th April Cavaliers v Rugby Lions, 3pm
22nd April v Stoke, 3pm, MOLLY OLLY LUNCH
Please note that all of the Six Nations games will be shown on the big HD screens at the club. There are also free hotdogs for the England games.