Preliminary news on our 90th Celebrations
Colts on main pitch on Sunday @ 1pm
News on our Coaches
• The ones had another tremendous result last week, defeating Whitchurch, 17-16 away from home to make it four wins out of five. This was another great result as we were missing a few regulars and lost Gaz Renowden in the game. Like the previous week Ed Hannam scored the winning try with the boot of Josh Hickman adding a very difficult conversion from the touch-line. We are now fourth in the league. There is no report yet on the web site.
• The Colts travelled to Camp Hill Colts and won 56-7 but a very experienced Cavaliers squad were beaten at home by Nuneaton Old Eds.
• Tomorrow the first XV are back at home against Barkers Butts. Barkers are yet to win a game but games between us are always close and eventful so we should take nothing for granted as we seek our fifth win. Please note we will be in our change strip so please do not cheer on the team in blue and yellow! Before the game there is a Former Players Lunch commencing at 1pm. Jonny Cresswell, Dale Glover and James Wadey, all missing last week are hoping to return but Gaz Renowden will be missing. The programme for the game will be up on the web site from 6 tonight.
• If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby. The Cavaliers are having a week off and the 3's are away at Coventrians.
• On Sunday the Colts are playing on the main pitch against Banbury, kick off 1pm. This is your big chance to catch them!
• The re-arranged Colts game has meant that the U15's game with Leamington will now be played at the Cow Patch. Our girls squad will also be training there.
• On Sunday after the M&J's training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off and you can watch our very good Colts side.
• Next week, 18th Oct, the first XV are away at Berkswell & Balsall so it will be beer/lunch time in the Tipperary Inn and/or beers at the Case is Altered. The Colts are playing their National Cup game against Stafford at home, probably on the Saturday but this is to be confirmed. The Cavaliers are in the pool and the 3's are at home to Earlsdon. These are all still 3pm kick offs.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js. All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• On the web site there is an advert for a Head Coach for Kenilworth RFC. Our current coach Richard Gibson has opened a new gym in Kenilworth with his son Jack and is leaving at Christmas to concentrate on this. The club wishes to thank Richard for his hard work as our Head Coach over the past 3 seasons, during which we secured the Mids 2 west south championship and a re turn to Level 6. The Head Coach will work alongside Marco Stanojevic who was recently appointed as Backs Coach.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
18th Oct 3's v Earlsdon & Colts v Stafford (TBC)
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
29th Oct HALOWEEN NIGHT
1st Nov Colts v Old Leamingtonians Colts, 2.15
2nd Nov Old Laurentian v Cavaliers – War 2nd XV Cup
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
8th/9th Nov Kenilworth v Old Laurentian, War Cup ¼ r final
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15: M&J COACHES LUNCH
22nd Nov Cavaliers v Newbold: Colts v Chipping Norton, 2.15
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
6th Dec 90th ANNIVERSARY DINNER/DISCO, at club
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH