Lots of News on RWC2015, Samoa tickets, our ground(!), date of AGM and entertainment on Sat 26th
• Apologies for the lack of NEWS over the last few weeks caused by my 'laptopless' trip to Southern Ireland and Easter last week.
• Tomorrow we complete our league season with a game against Malvern. This is the only game being played in the league as all other fixtures are now concluded. We are currently ninth and need a very big bonus point win to catch Stratford above us and get 8th spot. Malvern, unfortunately, are condemned to relegation. Whilst there would appear to be not a lot to play for I am sure Malvern will wish to go out with a good result so a good open and high scoring game should result. Malvern were unlucky last week and came within two minutes of defeating Berkswell and Balsall to set up a big game today but it was not to be and B&B won with a late try to condemn both Malvern and Old Laurentian.
• In our league Lichfield are the champions with Burton in a play off with Derby. Relegated are Market Bosworth, Malvern and Old Laurentian. Coming into the league as champions are Earlsdon and Leek with Banbury and Crewe & Nantwich in the play off. In National League 3 midlands above Broadstreet go up as champions with Sutton Coldfield involved in a play off. Bedford Ath, Syston and Newport are all relegated.
• There is a programme for the Malvern game, complete with your essential Gardening Tips, but if you can bring your (purchased) programme for the postponed game on the 22nd then you will get in free. The programme will be up on the web site today and Ralph will be in his normal position to Tweet and report on the game @kenilworthrugby if you cannot attend.
• Other confirmed games today are the Cavaliers away at Stratford and the 3's away at Old Leamingtonians 3's.
• This weekend is 'the big one' for our Minis & Juniors section when they host their annual Festival and full details of this have been sent out by them. The Juniors take centre stage on Saturday and the Minis on Sunday. If you can get along to this event please do - the size of it has to be seen to be believed!
• As these are the final games of the season Andy Honess has been persuaded to bring down his guitar and song sheets (on the big screen) for a singalong and this will start on the conclusion of the Heineken Cup semi final, at about 5.45.
• On Sunday the club will be showing the Toulon v Munster semi final, preceded, probably, by the Liverpool v Chelsea game.
• RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015 TICKETS:
• GROUND RE-DEVELOPMENT NEWS – REAL (GOOD) NEWS!
Kenilworth RFC are delighted to announce that both our grounds have been given Preferred Status in the Warwick District Council Local Plan. This means that, in due course, both the sites will be released for development and we are now looking to purchase a new site and construct a purpose built clubhouse with sufficient pitches to meet our current and future needs. We have formed a Grounds Sale Group to advise on the best way to sell the land and we have also established a New Ground Committee to draw up the specification for the new ground and clubhouse.
These are exciting days for the club after many years of talking about moving. Please be assured that we will keep our members fully informed of all developments in this process. Should you wish to be art of either committee then please ask!
Final confirmation of the release was scheduled for 23rd April.
• Please also remember the fantastic RFU offer for England v Samoa on the 22nd Nov. This offer is 2 tickets for the price of one for adult tickets and Junior tickets at £10. To take advantage of this I need your application ASAP and no later than mid May. There is no news yet on the application process for the other Autumn Internationals.
• A date for your Diary – the club AGM will be on Wed 25th June.