Raffles prizes requested for our Charity Lunch
Sunday lunch bar reductions again this weekend
New web site now launched
Meeting on 1st Oct to discuss Club Governance
• Those who have been on the web site (www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk) would have noticed we have now changed the style of the Home Page to make it friendlier. Comments good or bad would be appreciated
• What a disappointment for the big travelling support that descended on Stratford last week. After two good wins we succumbed to Stratford, 14-22, in a poor performance which did not do us justice. The report and the piccies are on the web site.
• More bad news was to come with the defeat of the Colts at home to Nuneaton (7-36) and the Cavaliers to Stratford 2's (19-40). The Colts report is also on the web site. On Sunday the BaBa's had their second run out of the season but lost 25-28 to Warwick Medics despite including the Fountaine brothers in their side! Piccies of the BaBa's are now on the web site.
• On Saturday the first XV are back at home to Walsall. Walsall are sitting just above us in the league with two wins from three and it should be a close game. If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby. All other teams – Colts, Cavaliers and 3's are currently in the pool.
• On Sunday after the M&J's training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off.
• On Wednesday 1st Oct there will be a meeting at the club to discuss 'Club Governance' and, in particular the final joining of the M&J section into the main body of the club. Everyone is welcome to this meeting which will start at 7.30pm.
• Next Saturday (4th Oct) the ones are away at Whitchurch. This is always a good friendly trip. There will be a coach leaving the club at 11.30 and there is room for supporters if you would like to go.
• The week after, 11th Oct, we are at home to Barkers Butts which will be preceded by a Former Player Lunch.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js.
All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• This season we are continuing to offer Player Sponsorship @ £120. It is hoped that the sponsors from last season will continue but there are other players available at £120 (+vat). Your name will be publicized in the programme with a link to your web site (if applicable) from the KRFC site.
• Should you wish a copy of the club's fixture lists for the various teams then please go to the News Section of the web site where the lists are published. These are now on the web site under the various teams.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
1st Oct Club Governance Meeting, 7.30pm.
4th Oct Cavaliers v Nuneaton Old Eds
6th Oct Jazz Night (The Firebird Quartet), 8pm
11th Oct v Barkers Butts – FORMER PLAYERS LUNCH
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
2nd Nov Old Laurentian v Cavaliers – War 2nd XV Cup, 2.15
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet), 8pm
8th/9th Nov Kenilworth v Old Laurentian, War Cup ¼ r final, 2.15
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band), 8pm
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH, noon for 2.15 kick off