BRIEF KRFC NEWS 2ND MAY 2014
Important RWC2015 ticket info included!
• The first XV finished the season in style last week with a big, 45-7, win over a very plucky Malvern side who were already doomed to relegation. The match report is on the web site. We finished the season in 9th. Burton won their play off against Derby so are now going up to Nat League 3 Midlands with the champions Lichfield. Relegated from our league are Old Laurentian, Malvern and Market Bosworth. Coming into our league are likely to be Earlsdon and Leek as champions and Crewe as play off winners (over Banbury). Relegated from NL3M are Newport, Syston and Bedford Ath. However we must await the final RFU decision as to which teams go where before we can see the make up of next years Mids 1 west.
• Our Colts participated (very well) in the Warwickshire 7's and were defeated semi finalists to a strong Coventry Colts side. Impressive Silhillians were the winners to add to their Warwickshire Colts Cup win. The 7's saw Steve Sutherland bow out of coaching. Steve has been involved with the club for a large number of years and we thank him for his fine contribution to the club and, in particular, the recent Colts teams. Steve's report on the 7's is included on the web site.
• The 3's rounded off their season last week with a superb 47-14 win at Old Leamingtonians 3's.
• It is also congratulations to the M&J section for another successful Festival last weekend and I hope you managed along to sample the event.
• If you are involved in Wednesday night touch then remember this is now being held at the Rocky Lane site as the main pitch has now been re-seeded.