AGM – Date is 26th June @ 8pm
29th JUNE – Brunch with a Lion (Doddie Weir)
SUNDAY 12TH MAY – nice cars at the Almanack!
- Old Laurentians won their play off last week, 16-9 against Moseley Oak, and will join us in Mids 1 west next season. There is no confirmed news yet of the composition of the league but it will be without Old Halesonians and Worcester Wanderers who have gone up and Ludlow, Northwich & Camp Hill who have been relegated. Silhillians are promoted from Mids 2 west north and this leaves two spaces with teams may be being pulled in from the North, and/or Ludlow being spared relegation.
- Tonight is the Club Dinner and if you are not booked in then you are too late. The bar will be open from 6pm and we are looking to sit down for the meal at around 7.30ish. Should be a good un with food from the Almanack and the league win to enjoy!
- Tomorrow, 11th May the club will open at 5.00pm and will show the Leicester Tigers v Harlequins Premiership semi final. This will be a recording and it will not be live. The Pro12 semi final between Leinster and Glasgow will then be on from 7.30pm.
- The first XV pitch has now been re-seeded at great cost and your co-operation in keeping off it would be appreciated. Work is also being undertaken at the Cow Patch with the major drainage work on the Training Pitch due to commence next week. Training/touch should take place on pitch 3, at the corner of A46/Rocky Lane until further notice.
- Please remember our Function Room is available for hire for a variety of purposes and full details are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/about-krfc/facilities.html
- Please remember the AMAZON link on our web site and if you use this link then the club gets a small kickback on your purchase. It is located on the Home Page just below the league table on the RHS.
- We are soon to have a meeting of the Web Site Crew so if you have any comments, good or bad, or suggestions, on the web site then please let me know.
- KENILWORTH RFC GOLF DAY - This year’s KRFC Golf Day will be held at Stoneleigh Golf Club on Fri 7th June and will include a round of golf followed by a curry back at the club, courtesy of the Sunam Balti. Cost will be £35 to include the golf, prizes and food. For further information contact Jai Purewal or Dom Carrick.
- On Sat 29th June, the date of the 2nd Lions Test, the club is hosting a “Brunch with a Lion”, the Lion being Doddie Weir. This will involve a pre game brunch and talk from Doddie, the game on the club’s two big screens and half-time and full-time talk/comment from Doddie, including a Q&A session. The cost is £20. Please note that the club will be closed on this day and entry to the club will only be through payment of £20 and attendance at the event. Full details are now on the web site.
- The two other Lions Tests will be shown at the club (11am) and the other games will also be recorded for showing when the club is open. However look out for the club opening for Saturday ‘non test’ games – full details nearer the time.
- On 10th to 12th May there is a Rugby 4Heroes Event @ Old Leamingtonians. Full information can be obtained from www.rugbyforheroes.org and a poster is up at the club. Our Barbarians have entered a team on the Saturday and they will be in good nick after the Club Dinner! If you wish to play in this then there are details on the web site.
- The AGM has been set for 26th June @ 8pm @ the club.
- FUTURE EVENTS AT KRFC
28/31st MAY LEICESTER TIGERS RUGBY COURSE
1st JUNE BARBARIANS v LIONS @ 12.30
7th JUNE KRFC GOLF DAY
20th JUNE COMEDY NIGHT
26th JUNE AGM
22nd JUNE LIONS FIRST TEST @ 11am
29th JUNE BRUNCH WITH A LION (DODDIE WEIR)
6th JULY LIONS 3rd TEST @ 11am
18th JULY COMEDY NIGHT
- NEWS OF MEMBERS
- Peter Blakeman and a few other members of KRFC are involved in a charity event on 12th May – SUPER CAR SUNDAY @ the Almanack in Kenilworth. If you are into cars then this is the event for you – full details at https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=13e3af46a070375e&mt=application/pdf&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D6e65615378%26view%3Datt%26th%3D13e3af46a070375e%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbSOR60Ie-mn4S7NmVU70jmSNHajnQ
- I hope you were all watching Question Time last night from Coventry – featuring my dear wife – if not catch it on iPlayer about ten minutes from the end!