Big 3 game weekend coming up
Subs are now due – and new rate explained!
• We had a win last week at Old Coventrians, but only just. After racing into a 21-0 lead after as many minutes we were pulled back to 21-5 before the break. After the break we were on the back foot and with ten minutes left we were ahead, 21-17, with two men in the bin! We held out and now go into the 1/4r final where we have drawn Old Laurentian at home. This is likely to be on our first available league free weekend which is 8/9 Nov. The rest of the draw is on the web site. The report on the game, and the piccies, are on the web site.
• Tomorrow the first XV are at home to Silhillians in the first round of Mids 1 west league games. Games between us last season saw an amazing 143 points and one very close win each so it should be another close high scoring affair tomorrow. Kick off is 3pm and the BBQ will be lit and be available most of the day.
• If you wish to lunch and join the committee in entertaining the Silhillians people then we have an informal lunch at 2pm – let me know if you wish to join in. As ever Ralph will be on the scene reporting and tweeting the game so tune into @kenilworthrugby if you cannot attend.
• The league game is the middle game of a three game weekend. On Friday night @ 7pm our Colts take on Old Leamingtonians Colts and on Sunday our U23 squad are entertaining Princethorpe Old Boys @ 1pm. The bar will be open at 6pm on Friday and noon on Sunday.
• Our new 2014/15 programme will be on display for the Silhillians game and we hope you like it. It contains the details of many local businesses and it woulf be good if you could use them when needed. Who will be the cover star this year? – you will need to wait and see on Saturday!
• The other game this weekend is the Cavaliers at home to Silhillians on Saturday. The 3's game against Leamington is now OFF.
• Minis & Juniors Registration will also take place at the main club this weekend on the 6th Sept from 2pm and at the Cow Patch on Sunday 7th from 10am. M&J parents who are attending for registration purposes are advised to tell the man on the gate and there will be 'free' entry – you can still stay and watch the game and have a beer or two though!
• Next Saturday (13th) we are also at home to Stoke.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js.
All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• This season we are continuing to offer Player Sponsorship @ £120. It is hoped that the sponsors from last season will continue but there are other players available at £120 (+vat). Your name will be publicized in the programme with a link to your web site (if applicable) from the KRFC site.
• Applications are now being invited for the 2015 Six Nations games at Twickenham, v Italy, v Scotland and v France. Full details on how to apply for these tickets are on the News section of the web site. Closing date for applications is 23rd Sept. Please note that the RFU are offering half price junior (<15) tickets for the Italy game
• The Kenilworth Jazz Club are returning for another year and the dates are listed under our events. Further information is available at their web page - www.kenilworthjazzclub.co.uk
• Those who registered for the first batch of World Cup tickets being sold through clubs would have been informed by RWC2015 that the next batch of tickets will go sale from 12th September. Full details are available at www.rugbyworldcup.com/ticketing/. Please note applications do not go through the club this time and you apply direct to RWC2015.
• Should you wish a copy of the club's fixture lists for the various teams then please go to the News Section of the web site where the lists are published.
• Advanced Warning – the first Former Players Lunch of the season is the 11th October, Barkers Butts at home. More details later.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
5th Sept Colts v Old Leamingtonians, 7pm
6th Sept v Silhillians
7th Sept Barbarians v Princethorpe Old Boys, 1pm
6/7th Sept M&J's Registration Days
13th Sept v Stoke on Trent
21st Sept Barbarians v Warwick Uni Medics, 1pm NOTE CHANGE OF DATE
27th Sept v Walsall – CHARITY LUNCH
6th Oct Jazz Night (The Firebird Quartet)
11th Oct v Barkers Butts – Former Players Lunch
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH