KENILWORTH RUGBY CLUB - HEAD COACH
Kenilworth RFC Head Coach required
Kenilworth RFC is a particularly warm, friendly and traditional town club in South Warwickshire that currently plays at Level 6 in Midlands 1 (West). The club regularly fields 1st, Cavaliers (2nd), 3rds, Barbarians (U23's), Colts and occasional Pirates (Vets) sides as well as attracting over 300 mini and junior players each Sunday. After promotion as Champions of Midlands 2 (South – West) in 2012/13, Kenilworth last season (2013/14) experienced a campaign of consolidation finishing in mid-table. Kenilworth has started the 2014/15 campaign extremely well at the time of writing having won 4 from 5 games. The club are renowned for playing open, attractive and flowing rugby supported by very competitive and combative forwards.
The Role: Carry out the duties of Head Coach which would include:
• the organisation and delivery of training / coaching pre-season and throughout the year
• manage a fair, considered and transparent team selection process
• the management and leadership of the 1st XV on match days
The Candidate: Ideally we are looking for:
• A well driven individual with excellent communication skills and experience of team leadership / management
• Experience of coaching a side of the same level or above
• Ideally a person qualified to Level 2 Standard or, if an experienced/good standard player looking to move into coaching, prepared to undertake the Level 2 qualification within 6 months of taking up post.
• A confidence and aptitude to coach senior players and provide constructive and balanced feedback as required.
• A person who can work with others throughout the club to ensure an effective coaching and training provision that encourages development, transition and competition.
The Offer: A chance to further develop your coaching experience and expertise with a squad of loyal and dedicated players including many young players who have progressed through the Kenilworth Rugby Club age groups. You will have access to excellent physiotherapy and sports injury services. Kenilworth seeks to retain traditional values and remains very much an amateur rugby club but the successful applicant will receive a basic weekly remuneration together with expenses.